Thursday, February 9, 2012

More Reader Reviews for "The Living Wills"

These first two were from amazon, where the e-book is available. It now has 5 ratings and an average of 5 stars out of 5...

Do not over think your decision to read this book - make the modest investment and read it now! It will not disappoint you; it will delight you on several fronts. I could go on about the many benefits of reading this book (highly entertaining, wildly thought provoking, blah, blah, blah) but that would take precious time away from you actually clicking the "buy" button and sinking your teeth into this fabulous read. What are you waiting for? Go, now, press the button! Seriously.
--Cheryl Joy

The engaging characters captured my interest immediately, as did the plot. I love books that have seemingly unrelated storylines that keep you wondering how they will intersect. The characters and their lives were very real. One of the best qualities of the novel is the attention that the authors give to the everyday details that seem unimportant, such as the familiarity of your favorite coffee shop or those quirky neighbors we all have. At times comedic, at times heartbreaking, the story kept me interested from the first page to the last. Of course, being a Chicagoan, I appreciated all the local references. I would love to see another novel by these authors!
--Sarah Diaz

This one was from GoodReads, where there are now 19 ratings, and an average score of 4.95 out of 5

I was surprised by how much I liked this book. The story of its creation--two authors alternating the writing of chapters of a book with multiple themes which ultimately converge--is interesting, but the book was so engaging that I couldn't stop until I knew how it all ended. In practice, this meant that my original intention to read about the first fifty pages or so went out the window and I read the entire thing on a Saturday. Very clever, and additional fun for Chicagoans with the many local references. Unusual book, unusually good!
--Marty Berg

No comments:

Post a Comment